1. QUIET, by Susan Cain. (Crown Publishing.) Introverts — one-third of the population — are undervalued in American society.
2. THE DIGITAL HIT MAN, by Frank M. Ahearn. (Lying.FR.) The author of How to Disappear combats digital intrusion with online deception.
3. THE GANGSTER FROM TURKEY, BY Lazlo M. Presphase. (Shrimp Boat Publiscations.) Infamous Turkish gangster finds redemtion with theachings of Jesus.
4. CODE UNDERGROUND, by Alex Hart (Fighter Pilot Press.) The sequel to Uncovering the Code with master spy Jake Tollhouse.
5. Stand Africa, by Abena Aba Abi (Red Soil Publishing.) One girls adventure across South Africa.
6. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House Publishing.) An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II.
7. MY TULIP GARDEN, by Jaap Bakema. (Kravendorp LTD.) Gardening the perfect tulip during the Nazi occupation
8. BOSSYPANTS, by Tina Fey. (Little, Brown & Company.) A memoir from the former “Saturday Night Live” star and creator of “30 Rock.”
9. COMING APART, by Charles Murray. (Crown Publishing Group.) The author of “The Bell Curve” explores the state of white America, 1960-2010.
10. MEETING JULIUS RONTGEN, by Abraham Le Maire. (Dutch Ten Press.) a fictional meeting of the famous composer in London
11.THINKING, FAST AND SLOW, by Daniel Kahneman. (Farrar, Straus & Giroux.) The winner of the Nobel in economic science discusses how we make choices in business and personal life and when we can and cannot trust our intuitions.
12. I FOUGHT FOR TRUTH, by Carl P.F. Harmon. (Farraday.) The hidden story of south Africas heroes.
- NY TIMES – Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction (nytimesbestsellingbooks2012.wordpress.com)
- Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction (nytimesbestsellingbooks.wordpress.com)
- South Africa boosts holiday appeal with ‘My Mission’ campaign (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- Giveaway: The Discovery of Jeanne Baret by Glynis Ridley (US only) (leeswammes.wordpress.com)
- Support your team in South Africa with BBM Flags! (blogs.blackberry.com)
- The best of South Africa showcased in New York (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- Five Books That Would Make Great Gifts This Christmas (1manandhisbooks.wordpress.com)